Sunday 18 August 2013

A Productive Sunday


Today my home has been filled with teenagers eating cupcakes - FedEx had her birthday party and insisted ~all~ the food was cupcakes. We had:
  Sausage and mash cupcakes - sound terrible but taste amazing!
  Macaroni cheese cupcakes
  Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes
  Raspberry cheesecake cupcakes


We also had plans for vanilla caramel cupcakes and apricot mescapone ones, but our place was already cupcake-full by then. 


I hid upstairs after a while - there's only so much of sugar-hyped teens that a mum can deal with before peace and quiet calls - and the last strips of my 'technical challenge' quilt were calling me. It's a simple strip quilt made from a Spice Trail jelly roll. I absolutely adore the colours and didn't want to distract from them by adding pattern in the cutting. I call it my technical challenge as it's made me focus on long straight perfect 1/4 seams and I intend to quilt it in the ditch: more perfectly straight, controlled sewing required. Not for a while though. This beauty is going in the cupboard now as I have no backing fabric or batting for it until after payday. 



 

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is looking amazing, the waiting for payday is awful isn't it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from people so go on, leave me a message, you know you want to really